New and Improved OPTIFAST 800 ProductsPosted: Mar 02 in WLCNY News by Staff
Medical Weight Loss of NY, PLLC and Dr. Scinta have been using Optifast for over a decade and we have always appreciated Nestle’s products and quality. Optifast is without a doubt the best full meal replacement product on the market. We are very excited to be able to offer the new and improved Optifast meal replacement products to our patients. A summary of the improvement are as follows:
- Increased protein levels to 16 grams per serving. Protein is responsible for muscle mass, keeping patients full, increasing metabolism and stabilizing blood sugar.
- Increased Fiber to 3 grams per serving. If you are taking 5 meal replacements a day the new formulation will add 15 grams of fiber to you daily intake. This should help any patient that is having any constipation problems. The fiber also slows sugar absorption and decreases hunger.
- Eliminated fructose (Removed high fructose corn syrup) and decreased overall sugar from 18 grams to 4 grams per serving.
- Lactose Free which should greatly assist in any potential gastric side effects that can occur with lactose intolerance.
- All of the new products will be available starting in March except for the new Apple Cinnamon Bar (available summer 2017), which is taking the place of the Berry Bar. Chocolate and PB Chocolate bars will be reformulated and Apple Cinnamon again, arriving this Summer. The new Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry RTD’s and powders flavors will stay the same. The new soups will have a new flavor called Vegetable Soup and the Garden Tomato is now just called Tomato. Chicken will still be available.
- There will be a slight price increase for the new products and formulations. The Optifast 800 products are still a great value because they have increased the protein, lowered the sugar, increased the fiber while still providing all of the vitamins and minerals that you need on a meal replacement program. On average the new product pricing will increase approximately 2 to 4%. A reminder that eating a full meal replacement diet without medical monitoring can be dangerous without physician oversight.
Summary of New Optifast 800 Products and Nutrient Changes is listed below for your reference: