How to Feel and Look Like a Masterpiece During MenopausePosted: Apr 17 in Hormone Therapy by Staff
Menopause is often considered as a tricky stage in a woman’s life cycle. You experience hot flashes, nausea, vomiting, a feeling of bloating and insomnia, among others. The fact that decreasing testosterone and estrogen causes weight gain and slowed metabolism does not help make the matter better.
Due to this, it is a woman’s dream to be able to feel and look like a complete masterpiece even when undergoing menopause. Various experts would sometimes give generic and repetitive reminders such as striving to keep a balanced diet and to maintain a regular exercise regimen. To break that pattern, here are some innovative tips to make you feel your best.
- Monitor your hormone levels and adjust them as needed. A decreasing level of the hormone estrogen usually signifies menopause. Because of this, some women opt to undergo hormone therapy to help replenish testosterone and estrogen and relieve some menopausal symptoms. Undergoing hormone therapy also helps in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Schedule a massage. Massage is essentially helpful to women undergoing menopause as it helps in the relaxation of the muscles and in the improvement of your mood.
- Take a relaxing dip on your bathtub before going to bed. Menopausal women usually experience insomnia. In this case, relaxation is the key. Taking a bath is very refreshing and relaxing. Regulation of temperature is another one of its perks.
- Set a date for a facial, spa, and makeover escapade. Nothing can pamper a woman more than a makeover can. This is also helpful in boosting your self-esteem and managing your stress. Doing so can also make you bond with your close friends who can be your support system as you undergo menopause.
- Arrange a date night! This is preferably after the makeover day. If you’re feeling more beautiful and sexier, then your spouse can see it, too! This is another opportunity for honest and sincere communication with your partner. Indulge in the beauty of it!
There you have it! These are just some of the empowering activities to help you feel and look like a masterpiece during menopause. Remember this as well: you are not alone.