6 Benefits of Strength Training in your Weight Loss Plan
Aerobic exercises burn fat and they are also beneficial for the heart. However, many people do not realize the importance of adding strength training to their weight loss regimens too. It is important to include both strength training and cardiovascular activity as part of your weight loss plan in New York in order to ensure long-term success, as well as overall better health.
Here are six primary benefits of building strength that can aid in both short-term and future goals.
- Calorie Burning: Cardiovascular exercises are known to burn calories, but strength training can also increase the body’s natural ability to burn excess calories. Strength is dependent on healthy muscles, which helps to increase the metabolism. A more efficient metabolism burns calories, even during periods of rest.
- Increased Bone Mass: Osteoporosis can affect any man or woman, and building strength can help to decrease bone loss with aging. Both isometric and isotonic exercises can build bone mass that will help prevent this type of disease.
- Improved Health: Weight loss decreases the risk of potentially life-threatening diseases in the future. Strength training may also help prevent arthritis, heart disease, osteoporosis and type II diabetes.
- A Fitter Physique: Losing fat is important in many weight loss plans, and strength training helps build a trimmer physique. Individuals will feel stronger and lighter overtime.
- Increased Coordination: Building strength can lead to more solid muscles, which also increases coordination and balance during everyday activities. These effects are especially important to have during the aging process, when adults are more prone to falling accidents.
- Improved Mood: Exercise increases feel-good endorphins, including strength training routines. Overtime, individuals will experience an improved mood and a decrease in depression-like symptoms. Many people also sleep better when they incorporate strength training into a weight loss plan in New York.