Fun Activities for Overcoming Childhood ObesityPosted: Oct 19 in Bounce by
Regular physical activity is important to the success of any weight loss program, including kids weight loss programs. If your child has been sedentary for an extended period of time, then they may be resistant to adding exercise into their daily routine. But, if you can find activities that your child enjoys it will be much easier to make exercise a regular, healthy habit. Try out some of our tips below to make exercise something to be anticipated rather than dreaded:
- Make exercise a family affair. Go bike riding or rollerblading together. Engage in a family game of catch. These sorts of fun activities ensure that getting physically active will be a pleasure to look forward to instead of a chore.
- Try out team sports. Sports help kids build camaraderie with their peers, and develop teamwork skills that will serve them well throughout their lives. Cazenovia has a number of options available for kids of all ages and abilities.
- If your child would prefer working on their own, explore individual sports such as swimming, gymnastics or dance.
- Consider a child membership at the YMCA or a local health club. They often have kid-level exercise classes. These classes provide a structured environment to learn new physical skills and increase physical fitness.
- Plan family outings that involve a good amount of walking. Trips to the zoo, local nature preserves and museums allow your child to get moving while also augmenting their education.
Of course, before taking on any new physical activity, you should talk to your child’s pediatrician or weight loss specialist at a weight loss center in Cazenovia to assure that your child does not have any conditions that would limit activity.